Cruise the Intercoastal waterways of Fort Walton Beach, Shalimar, Ocean City, Cinco Bayou and Destin, Florida in an Eco-friendly, Electric boat, without noise or fumes in our Duffy boats.
Cruise on your own, or hire our captain to tour you around the waterways and give you an entertaining, informative tour. Crab Island Boats offers a unique way to celebrate special occasions, visit dockside restaurants and bars, or watch the sunset.
Our boats can accommodate up to 8 adults, have a full canopy rooftop, window enclosures, and a CD player with an aux cord.
Crab Island Boats is a "Must Do" for Vacationers, to fully experience our Beautiful intercoastal waters and the Beaches of Destin and Fort Walton Beach, Florida.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How many passengers can I bring?Coast Guard regulations allow a maximum of 8 people.
- Is the boat safe? Do you provide life jackets? This is a Coast Guard approved vessel and we provide life jackets, fire extinguisher and other safety equipment. All Captain's are USCG licensed. Life jackets are provided and Kids 7 and under. are required to wear a life jacket.
- Is there music on the boat? Yes, we have an ipod input, CD player, and radio on board. You are welcome to bring your own ipod, iphone, or cd.
- Where do we park to meet the boat? Parking is complimentary at Ross Marler Park on Okaloosa Island, Fort Walton Beach.
- What time shall I show up for my reservation?We recommend getting here 15 minutes before scheduled time of departure.
- Smoking & Pets. This is a non-smoking vessel. We know pets are like family but unfortunately no pets are allowed.
- What can I bring with me? You are welcome to bring any food or beverage, which may be stored in our 70-quart ice box filled with complimentary ice. You are welcome to bring swim suits, snorkeling gear, sunscreens & towels (no rafts or floats).
- Restroom facilities on board? We do not have restroom facilities aboard. It is recommended to use the park restroom prior to boarding or the Captain can make stops along the way.
- Are we protected if it starts to rain?The top is water proof canvas and the sides have see-through panels that zip up or down which totally protects you from rain.
- Can we fish from the boat? Fishing is not allowed.
- Can we dive, can we swim or get into the water?We do allow swimming, but no diving from the boat.
- What is the cancellation policy? We have a 24 hours cancellation policy, otherwise you are charged the full amount.
- Bad Weather Policy? We have the right to cancel under certain conditions : extreme wind, extremely rough waters, lightning storms, and mechanical failure. Your deposit will be 100% refunded in those cases.
- How far in advance do I need to reserve my boat rental? During the off-season (mid-September through early May), we usually still have availability a day or two before. This may vary during peak Spring Break weeks, in which case we recommend securing your boat at least a week in advance. During peak season (mid-May through Labor Day), we often have a waiting list and book out 2-3 weeks in advance.
- What is the difference between a half day rental and a full day rental? A half day rental is up to 4 hours, and can be morning (9am-1pm) or afternoon (1:30-5:30 or 2pm-6pm). A full day rental gives you use of the boat between 9am and 5pm (up to 8 hours).
- What is included with a Crab Island boat rental? Life jackets and safety equipment, includes waterway charts or area maps, iPod-compatible sound systems, ice for onboard 70 quart ice cooler.
- Are there any additional fees? Florida state sales tax is an additional 6%. There is a $5 processing fee for all reservation changes and cancellations.
- Minimum age to rent: 21
- Requirements: If born after Jan 1, 1988 must have a valid Florida Boater’s Safety card (or NASBLA-certified equivalent from another state). Tests available on site for $5. Bring your ID and arrive 30-45 minutes early if you need to test.
Suggested areas to go boating-
About Crab Island Boats-
Owners Elodie Cardon & Larry Work, of Crab Island Boats is an award-winning boat rental and charter booking company located in Fort Walton beach, FL.
Crab Island Boats is the first Eco-Friendly, 100% Electric Boat Rental/Tour Company in Northwest Florida.
Enjoy the pristine waters of Northwest Florida and enjoy premier attractions such as the intercoastal waterways of Fort Walton Beach.
Both Elodie and Larry have a passion for Ecotourism, boating and pop-up dinners along the Gulf Coast.
Co-Owner, Larry Work, is also CEO of Longboard Hospitality
Group, which specializes in coaching small business owners.
Elodie Cardon was born in Lyon, France and attended culinary school at the Institute Paul Bocuse. Elodie also grew up on the water sailing with her father as a child on the southeastern coast of France.
When Elodie met Larry, they realized they had so much in common, especially their love for Eco-Tourism. After meeting the President of Duffy Boats, they decided to introduce Eco Duffy boats to Northwest Florida was the first time.
Opening Crab Island Boats in Fort Walton Beach, Florida allows them to rent their eco-friendly boats along the intercoastal waterways, while keeping the Emerald Coast Waterways clean.
Crab Island Boats also offers Duffy Boat Sales through their dealership division at Eco-Bateau
Our goal is to make every effort, within reason, to provide a fun, safe, and unforgettable experience that will make you remember your Gulf Coast vacation for years to come.